Cass County was approved by Territorial Legislature March 7, 1855 and was named in honor of General Lewis Cass. Bounded on the North by the Platte River and on the East by the Missouri River, the county measures aproximately 34 miles East to West and 20 miles North to South and has a population of over 25,000.
Our County Seat is located in the city of Plattsmouth. The Courthouse Complex is located on the northeast end of Main Street. County Courthouse Complex consists of the Courthouse, Law Enforcement Center and Jail, and the Annex Building.